new race of pop-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

mal

In Runtime
now that the pop-up blockers became powerful against browser windows opening here and there,they became a kind of flash applet with sound superposed on the page that follow the page even if you scroll down...sometimes theres a "close" button sometimes not...

Is there a blocker or a tool for that kind of applet?

http://www.jtedley.com/jtflashmanager/index.php

How it works

jTFlashManager started as a testing tool for websites. I needed an easy way to test Flash-based sites with Flash turned at various times on or off. The first advice I got was to uninstall Flash/remove the plugins, but uninstalling/reinstalling got to be painful. I found the plugin files on my machine and copied it elsewhere. That worked, but was still, too time-consuming. Then I got the bright idea of renaming the plugins, so the browsers couldn't find them. I did that for a while, but still too slow.Then I wrote 10 lines of command-line java code that would rename them. That's how jTFlashManager works -- it just renames the file back and forth when you turn Flash on or off.

This is mostly Flash related, and almost always an intentional device created by the site designer. We won't go into how completely retarded the concept is, but basically just pick'n'choose the sites you visit. I have rarely seen this used on websites worth visiting, and if it's used correctly it can be useful.

mal said:
ok ive looked in the options - I use firefox too - the pop-up blocker always been on ,and its excellent btw,but i checked the options about blocking java and thats it,the applets are in java!I couldnt see them in page(good thing) but the problem is that i need java to see the Radio applet for mp3s which is the reason why i go to that site lol..so im forced to endure the damned publicity with sounds made of java that plays at the same time of mp3s

I guess the only way to block these publicity would be a java manager that would ask something like "A java applet appeared do you want to put the crap on the blacklist?" So it would only block the applet i dont want (same with flash i think you are right shoobierat)...Does it exist?

csamuels thx for the link but it sounded a bit complicated for the noob i am lol,ive downloaded it and read the read me but was a bit lost still,is that something like i just described above?:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom