New Internet Cafe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlo

Baseband Member
Hi My Dad has just got an internet cafe and has built 6 Computers but he only has 1 windows xp pro Disc is it ok by law if he could use the same disc on all 6 computers

no it's not legal. the windows license states a end-user can install a copy of windows on both their laptop and desktop, BUT you cannot be using both at the same time. Carlo when your dad tries to activate the same product key 6 times in such a short time, the microsoft girls will start getting suspicious. I think it used to be that instead of buying full copies of winXP you could buy OEM product keys from online stores at a fraction of the cost for a full copy of winxp. I think microcrack have disabled OEM keys though

winXP requires product activation. After 30 days your operating system will lock you out until you activate it. you can call or activate online. I think maybe they disabled online activation. In either case when your dad tries to activate it that many times in a short time they might get suspicious because as the license states the key is limited to 1 user. more info:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/evaluation/features/activation.mspx

yep just gonna have to break down and get some extra copies.

or you could have your dad load up some linux :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom