Netscape 8.0 disables Internet Explorer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Microsoft has confirmed that installing the recenlty launched Netscape 8.0 on on your PC will stop Internet Explorer from displaying XML-files, like blog feeds.

In his blog, David Massy, a senior Microsoft program manager, said that users who install Netscape 8.0 and use IE to visit an XML file or XML file with an XSLT transformation applied, will get a blank page instead of the content they were after.

Microsoft is investigating, but in the meantime has posted a work around that involves removing the troublesome Netscape and fiddling with IEÂ’s registry settings.

personally i don't even see the point of installing netscape, especially if it requires internet explorer. There are alot of free and better browsers out there than netscape

the only reason it need IE is because some site will only be display properly with IE, no matter what. so when Netscape's engine (same as firefox) won't display a page, it automatically switches to the IE rendering engine.

this is a safer appoach than using IE by itself as those small sites for the most part are not malicous. it also beat firefox as FF can't display those pages.

i still see netscape 8 as a total flop.

it's funny that microsoft is calling there software junk. must feel funny for microsoft to say that :D

stick with firefox and opera i say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom