Need Ebay Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Obtruse_Man4

In Runtime
Hope this is an appropiate section for this :) I think I've decided to finally sell something on ebay. I have two things actually at the moment that I can sell. I created a sellers account last night on ebay. I've been reading some suggestions on ebay, but I would really like to get the most money I can from these auctions (as I'm sure everyone does), so I'll take any advice I can get.

I've seen programs that will create a cool auction "presentation" for you. Are there any that are free (I doubt it but I only have a couple of things to sell right now so I don't want to subscribe to something)? Also for the shipping; I like the calculate option I've seen on some auctions. Is that a free option, and if so how do I use it?

Anything else a first time seller should know? Something I should say in my auction besides the info about the product I'm selling? Any recommendation on how many pics to use? I have a camera so that won't be a problem. Thanks for the advice.

point out all the good features of your product, do not focus on anything bad about the product but it is best to be truthful,

reason for selling - something like you need the money to go on holiday not because you are bored of the product,

take photo's in good lighting from the best angle with a clear white background (that is if the product is not white itself, otherwise use a black background), take as many photo's as you need to give a full picture of what the buyer is buying, one photo will do if it shows the product off in all its glory, for a car you would like a front view, side view and back view,

to much information will put a potential bidder off, a long page of writing with bad grammar, spelling and punctuation is off putting,

a good quality product will sell itself no matter how much time and effort you put into the presentation, I would not bother with a program to do this, if the product is worth buying a nice photo and short description will do well,

for auctions it is always best to set the guide price low as to attract potential buyer's, the price can always go higher, a high guide price simply puts people off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom