myspace and facebook help

Status
Not open for further replies.

sportmotomom1

Beta member
My daughter cannot access myspace or facebook. I have re-started the computer, comcast checked my router, I did the system restore, I have NO idea what is going on. She gets the message Internet cannot display.

Do you have it blockedc by a filter? By the firewall?

no..i turned off the firewall..its very odd..she was on it Saturday evening..went out for a few hours..came home and could not access either site anymore.

Are there any filters on teh PC? Are you connected directly to the modem or thru a device like a router?

i have a linkys router. I do not think there is a filter..she didn't turn one on and this is her personal laptop that no one else uses. this is the first problem we have ever encountered

I'm assuming you can access all other sites fine, and it's just myspace and facebook that are giving you problems.

try checking your hosts file. If you're running xp it's under C:/windows/system32/drivers/etc, or whatever drive letter you've installed windows under.
double click the hosts file, and open it with notepad. just check if myspace or facebook are in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom