My Bookmarks

Status
Not open for further replies.

htideswell

Baseband Member
i use mozzila firefox and the other day i opened mozzila and i lost all my custom setting and all my bookmarks! i've lost about 100 sites and i need them back can anyone help?

I've seen this before.

This might help :

First:
Look in your Firefox Profiles Folder, and check to see if a new Profile folder has been added

See this page for: Profile Folder Location

How many Profiles are listed? If there is more than one Profile, then your Bookmarks are most likely still located in the profile you were using previously.

If you do have multiple profiles, then start Firefox using the original profile.

You can do so by right clicking on the Firefox Desktop shortcut
Select: Properties
Click on the Shortcut Tab
To the end of the Location field, add one space, then -p
"C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox\firefox.exe" -p
This will open the Profile Manager

Try each of the profiles and hopefully you'll find the Profile with the original bookmarks.html file.

If you find the original Profile with all the appropriate files, then in addition to the -p you have added to the Desktop Shortcut:
Add one space after -p then type the Profile name which contains the appropriate files.
It will be similar to: "C:\Program Files\firefox\firefox.exe" -p profilename

The Profile Name will be what precedes the random characters, e.g., ramona.jkl

I would also strongly advise making frequent backups of your Profiles folder. In the event Windows should hiccup, freeze, or should a reformat be necessary, you won't have to worry about losing any of your Firefox Profile data.

* source *
http://home.att.net/~cherokee67/fflostbkmk.html

did you try this?

firefox.exe -profilemanager

copy and paste that in to the run command.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom