Multiple IP Addresses for the same Mac

how good are these software services;

hide my ip downloads - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com

there seems to be 100's of them out there, one of them I would assume gives you complete anonymity? Some of their services say that their proxy's don't give out tracing information to the requested web server that one wants to access?

let's say that I use a VPN service like Hide My Ass! or SpotShield or something, and they have random IP address which can change every few minutes or whatever interval that you want. Can the admin see my Mac address even though the IP's are changing?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes. If the Admin and network support people are good they will still be able to trace the IP back thru the VPN. As such services still log when your IP connects to the service. That can then be used to determine when the incident took place, they can then use those logs to get access to your real IP.

No matter how you look at it nothing will ever completely hide you from the internet. There are always ways to back track to your real IP at some point. If the web site your trying to access sees this pattern and figures out that it is all coming from the same person, there is a way they can then use legal matters to get access to the VPN logs and your real IP.

So this website your looking to access using multiple IP's can still easily find out and figure out the truth if the Admins do their job right.

but can they see my Mac address fairly easily? let's say that they aren't skilled enough for example, does my real Mac address show up along with the fake IP address?

but can they see my Mac address fairly easily? let's say that they aren't skilled enough for example, does my real Mac address show up along with the fake IP address?

The simple fact is yes. Your MAC is broadcast and it can't be changed. End of story. There is no software out there that can change a hardware encoded MAC Address. So dont bother trying to ask, as it isnt possible.

And if they arent skilled enough to uncover your IP, then what makes you think they would be able to uncover your MAC?

Considering your using a Virtual Private Server to access the site in the first place, it makes one wonder why you ask such questions. Cause yes, it has been figured out already. You are asking all sorts of strange questions despite the fact you are already using a VPS.

I can flat out tell you that it is through B2Net Solution or ServerMania located at 50 Green Mountain Rd. West, Hamilton, ON, L8J 2V5, CA. Yes that is the exact location of their facility that is broadcasting your IP address to us. I am sure that if we tried we could get ahold of some information from them. As their Terms of Use have some guidelines that are very friendly to web hosts.

Any other questions you have about such services or have I proven that it doesnt take much to get information about a person from their IP address? I didnt even try, I just Googled your IP and that was the very first result to get the exact location of the Facility. So nothing more than 1 simple search was done to get the info I got. I have not even deployed my tools to try to dig deeper cause I have shown easy it is.

I know that it is very easy to find an IP address that one is using, many sites like whatismyip.org or whatismyipaddress.com etc. are very easy to use. The server you mentioned in Hamilton is one of just random servers provided by the VPN service which I use to switch around in.

But the VPN service that I use says that other sites don't have access to their user logs, so the site that I'm trying to access shouldn't know my IP address theoretically is what they are telling me. Can they get access to such a log themselves or do they need to request it from the VPN service provider to divulge such information?

KSoD...I don't think that I am asking such "strange questions" I just want to find whatever ways or work-arounds to have complete anonymity on the net, (if possible) why would that be so strange? :/ I'm sure many others would like to do the same.

The reason it is strange as that you already know there is no way to stay anon on the net. The only way to stay anonoymous on the net is to not be on it. Lying to websites, like saying your from Colorado when your IP screams Canada is a quick way to draw attention and get yourself banned from sites just cause you think you can hide where you are or what your doing.

The VPN says that the sites dont, but if we can prove that your actions are a threat we can get the law involved and get access to the logs. Which is something that the VPN has stated that they will do, co-operate. It wouldnt be hard to show a legal professional how the use of your VPN could easily be tied to the harassment we got from some old members to allow us to get access to the VPN logs of where your IP is truly from.

Afterall you dont think that the infamous hacker group Anonoymous got caught cause such VPN sites kept this information secret do you?

If your looking for ways to be completely anonoymous on the internet there is a real quick way. Cut the internet from your life and turn off the PC. Other than that there is no way to do what you want. Aside from that there is always a way to get caught. If there wasnt a way to get caught it wouldnt make for such fantastic movie and TV show plots now would it.

Last edited:
no, it's not that I already know, infact I don't! but I'm trying to find a work-around somehow or the best solution to be anonymous. and that is why it isn't so strange as you say.

It doesn't matter what location I put down here for residence, Colorado, Texas, Alaska, Poland, who cares, or which IP switch I use in what country, I'm not trying to hide from your website lol

Secondly, I know that the VPN's will release logs under a court order or law request, that is well known, and I'm not harassing or doing anything illegal anyways so that wouldn't happen.

for anyone out there whom is interested, I have found a solution; you can buy a block of static IP addresses from your ISP, set each of them up with their own account on your terminal, (Ethernet 1, Ethernet 2, Ethernet 3, etc.) you can 'spoof' each MAC address per ethernet account if needed, and then use all 3 IP's at will on the same OP system. You don't need 3 different devices, same computer, all IP's will be directly broadcasted out to the ISP's switch, no modem IP will run interference so a website will only see 1 IP being used even though you have multiple ones. This is anyone's best bet for anonymity.

Back
Top Bottom