MSN Messenger Blocking Youtube Links

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Looks like some people are reporting that MSN Messenger is blocking users from sending messages with YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. in the text. No one knows if this is intentional or not as there are no official notes or releases from MS yet. I just tried it and I can confirm that it's still blocking.

…I loaded up a network packet sniffer to find out exactly what's going on behind the scenes. Technically, the message packets are in fact sent to the Messenger servers (so it's not being blocked at your client), but the server sends back a negative acknowledgment (NAK) packet instead of an acknowledgment (ACK) packet. Simply speaking, the server is refusing the message.

[H]ard|OCP - www.hardocp.com

Install APatch or Plus! and you wont have this issue. I know i dont. ;)

It looks as though an incident we reported on over the weekend has been explained. Apparently it was just a glitch causing YouTube links to be blocked by Messenger.

"As some of you noticed, we had a problem from Friday night to Saturday morning where our Messenger service was incorrectly blocking some legitimate IP addresses," a Microsoft employee said on the company's Messenger blog. "We sincerely apologize for any difficulties this caused our users."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom