Mozilla Firefox "Stopped" and "Done".

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no clue to what could be causing this, all the other computers in the house (which also run the same version of firefox) load pages just fine, but on here, if i click a link it will say stopped in the bottom left, and will not do anything. if i click refresh, home, or try one of my bookmarks, it does the same thing.

then if i close firefox and try and reopen it, it will say done in the bottom left and all i get is a white page. it does it if i am connected via wireless or directly to my router. the only fix that i have found so far is to restart the computer and i will get internet for about another thirty minutes, then i get stopped and done again. has anyone else had this problem, and if so, how did you fix it (if you did get it fixed)?

ill see if i can get a screenshot next time it does it. I am running firefox 2.0.0.14, and 3 beta 5, and both of them do it at the same time, and when it does it, when i try and open a page in internet explorer, it loads, but takes a long time, and the page has no formatting. when it does this i have checked network usage and its at 0% no matter what I do, but if i open up bearshare (essentially limewire) or bittorrent, they work just fine.

Im running Windows XP Professional SP2, and i am about to upgrade to sp3, seeing as it was just released, hopefulluy fixing my problem.

I dont think upgrading to SP3 will fix your issue. It sounds to me like you lose the wifi signal and that is why you get Done wiht nothing loaded. From the sound of it.

My best suggestion. Make a backup of your profile and all your extensions. After that uninstall Firefox and get rid of the App Data folders. Then reinstall Firefox and see if it happens again.

This way we can rule out if it is a extension you have loaded or if it is Firefox itself.

firstly i would not recommend u to use ff3 beta 5 since those techies r working on it.. better pertain urself to ff2.
check whether the same thing is happening to u even in IE or ne other broswer.
if it does then it should not be a browser problem. if not make a backup of all ur stuff n xtensions and remove the ff2 n ff3 completly and installl them again...

There is absolutely nothing wrong with using Firefox 3. Nothing. I use that more than firefox 2 and i have had about 1/2 of hte crashes of Firefox 2 with Firefox 3. I already showed you and said in the other thread on how ot get Firefox Extensions working in Firefox 3 cause you are wrong with that. I think you are wrong here as well. There is absolutely nothing wrong with using Firefox 3.

The Beta tag doesnt mean anything. Firefox 3 is jsut as stable if not more stable than some Final releases of Firefox 2.

personally i perfer using Firefox 3b5 better than Firefox 2.0.0.14.

I have noticed that the crashes have only (so far) occured in firefox 2. i havent (yet) noticed any problems with browsing in firefox 3, no stopped, no done. im not branding it as fixed, but it just may be. only time will tell.

I have stopped using 2 for the longest time now. Basically since Firefox 3 Beta 2. I only load up Firefox 2 so that on a fresh install i can get all my extensions without Firefox 3 screaming at me.

gawd. told ya i spoke too soon.

it just did it again.

and i just realized that tech-forums usercp login is cached to my pc.

so in internet explorer i diagnosed connection problems, came up with this:

"Windows has detected a problem with the Winsock provider catalog on this computer. This catalog allows programs to communicate with this computer across the network. Would you like windows to reset the catalog to the default configuration?

This computer might need to be restarted to restore network connectivity

[x] Yes
[ ] no
"

etc...

i click next and it asks to restart.

help?

This isnt a firefox issue. This goes deeper. Winsock is needed to get and send data with your network connection. That would be why you keep getting this.

Winsock Problems how to fix - Google Search

Maybe one or more of those will help. It seems there are a few different WinSock fixes to choose from. But that should do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom