Mozilla: Critical Patches In 10 “F-ing” Days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master

After reading this story about a Mozilla executive saying his company will patch any critical flaw in 10 days or less, you know what stuck in my mind the most? More corporate executives and higher-ups need to use the f-word when they emphasize a claim.
biggrin.gif

Mozilla executive Mike Shaver backed up his claim by scrawling it on a business card at the Black Hat security conference in Las Vegas last week and handing it to Robert Hansen, CEO of SecTheory.com, who also runs the ha.ckers.org Web site. Hansen posted a photo of Shaver's business card, including the claim "Ten [expletive] days."

After reading this story about a Mozilla executive saying his company will patch any critical flaw in 10 days or less, you know what stuck in my mind the most? More corporate executives and higher-ups need to use the f-word when they emphasize a claim.
biggrin.gif

Mozilla executive Mike Shaver backed up his claim by scrawling it on a business card at the Black Hat security conference in Las Vegas last week and handing it to Robert Hansen, CEO of SecTheory.com, who also runs the ha.ckers.org Web site. Hansen posted a photo of Shaver's business card, including the claim "Ten [expletive] days."

cool... but it won't erase my favorites and bookmarks like it did last update will it?

There is no way they'll do it. Its an entirely empty claim that hardly anyone will check to see if they make it.

oh thats the how u do it? i already did that a while ago... i thought it would be something in the directory

If you want to get the backup from the directory, it's pretty lengthy. The FF bookmark backups are in:

C:/Documents and Settings/Your username used to log onto Windows/Application Data(Hidden folder)/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/Whatever folder is in there/bookmarkbackups

If you want to get the backup from the directory, it's pretty lengthy. The FF bookmark backups are in:

C:/Documents and Settings/Your username used to log onto Windows/Application Data(Hidden folder)/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/Whatever folder is in there/bookmarkbackups

Eg Firefox profile folders...but yeah, what you said.

Then to copy just the bookmarks, the file "bookmarks.html" is all you need... but that's essentially the same as exporting all of your bookmarks. :freak:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom