More Email Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ulquiorra Schiffer

In Runtime
My mother recently created an AIM email account, and now she says she has problems with it. She has tested her email many times to find out that her emails aren't sending. These are some of the methods she tried.

-Emailing my Hotmail accout with her AIM account (I did not receive it).
-Emailing my Hotmail account with my sister's AIM account (I received it).
-My mother's best friend says she is not receiving emails from her AIM account (her friend uses Hotmail).
-I sent an email to her AIM account with my Yahoo! account (she received it).
-She sent an email to my Yahoo! account with her AIM account (I received it).

What is really bugging her is that every email address she tests gets an email from my sister's AIM account, but not her AIM account (although my Yahoo! account received one from her). What's the big deal? My mom worries a lot about her email account, so she really needs to know.

I told her that it sometimes takes a long time, but she told me that her friend wasn't receiving any emails for a week. My Yahoo! account took three hours to receive an email from the same Yahoo! account (I emailed myself), which is kind of weird.

Other information - her computer uses Windows Vista Basic 32-bit and her internet browser is IE8. I told her to test her email account with Firefox, but still no luck.

Anyways, do you guys have any solutions?

Are they using the same user profile on the same PC? It could be that the PC is infected and that is why it is not allowing her to send mail properly.

Also have her reset her IE8 settings.

Tools>Inernet options. Delete all cookies under the General Tab. then click the Advanced Tab and hit the Reset button.

This will take IE back to default settings. Like it was just installed. If it still doesnt work, she is infected.

It can be centralized to 1 specific profile or a infection can be system wide. It could also be that her specific profile is corrupted while the others are not.

You havent answered how the users are setup so i can not be specific. Do they share a account or are they separate?

Then your best bet will be to go there and take a look yourself. Cause there is no reason for this action at all. Maybe your mom is not clicking send, maybe she is closing out the browser before it sends, who knows.

There is nothing in regards to a infection or anything specific per browser settings or system settings that can explain this. If 2 people can share a account and 1 can email and 1 cant. Then the 1 that cant has to be doing something wrong. That is all there can be to it.

Have your mom login to her account and have your sister send a test email. See if you get that. If you do then you know it is something your mom is doing wrong.

Other than that, good luck. Cause there is no explanation for it.

Then your best bet will be to go there and take a look yourself. Cause there is no reason for this action at all. Maybe your mom is not clicking send, maybe she is closing out the browser before it sends, who knows.

There is nothing in regards to a infection or anything specific per browser settings or system settings that can explain this. If 2 people can share a account and 1 can email and 1 cant. Then the 1 that cant has to be doing something wrong. That is all there can be to it.

Have your mom login to her account and have your sister send a test email. See if you get that. If you do then you know it is something your mom is doing wrong.

Other than that, good luck. Cause there is no explanation for it.

She's in the other room... :happy:

I've helped her, and I've seen what she is doing. Everything is fine, I don't know what is wrong.

My mom was getting desperate, so I told her about the factory system restore. After it was done restoring, everything was working fine again... so something must have been infected. Thanks for the suggestion.

Factory system restore, oldskool. Sounds like he wiped it and reinstalled it back to factory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom