Missing images/links

Status
Not open for further replies.

Humbucker

In Runtime
Since buying a much more powerful PC with XP I have had more problems in a couple of weeks than I did in 4 years with my old WIN 98 one. The majority of the problems have been with the internet - just this weekend I had to reinstall my modem/ISP software and do a system restore to correct an unknown problem that gave my broadband connection just 2 speeds - veeery slow and stop.

I'm hoping changing a setting or something will correct a constant problem I've had when surfing - on a lot of sites there are missing links and images. Either I have those cross things when an image can't be displayed or I have the 'Action cancelled - windows was unable to link to the web page you requested'. Most sites I go on have a small combination of these 2 but some are just completely messed up - CNET download is a classic example. I'm pretty sure this isn't a browser problem cos it seems to do it on ALL my 3 browsers(BT Yahoo, Mozilla and IE). Does anyone know a way of fixing this?

I do Spyware/Adware checks reguarly and on the whole they don't find anything as I have all the good programs(Adaware, S+D, Spy Sweeper, Spy Blaster). I'll try the firewall thing though......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom