Microsoft Doubts Firefox Has Been Downloaded a Billion Times

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't care how many times firefox has been downloaded.
I just like it because it's a good browser which I can install lots of plugins into.

The Windows Internet Explorer in Windows 7 is a much better browser than IE6 was though (it's not even close). But doesn't have the plugin support and customisability that Firefox does.

I didnt say i didnt like using it. But if Windows was to claim that Win7 RC was downloaded a Billion times Mozilla's people would be up in arms trying every which way to prove that the claim is false.

I use FF, Opera, Chrome, IE and Safari. Opera is my preferred but i use them all at some point in a day or week. It is the fact that the claims are far fetched.

Oreo i format at least 2-3 a month. when the Win7 Beta was going on i was reformatting at least once a week. So there could have easily been a few hundred downloads if i had not saved my installer.

Now that the Beta is done, i wont have to go that extreme. But still. I do format and reinstall more than most. Cause of my Beta testing.

Wow, that's a lot of formats haha. I've had this PC for a year and 2 months and haven't done a format yet. Lot of settings I have. How long does it take you guys to set everything up after installing the OS? Like OS tweaks, program installations ect.

yzmxer609 said:
How long does it take you guys to set everything up after installing the OS? Like OS tweaks, program installations ect.
It usually takes me a couple of weeks to get everything pretty much back the way it was before I formatted. When I format to install Win7 final I will be making sure to record everything first (using Belarc Advisor, screenshots, backups, etc.) for I wipe it.

It takes me about 2 hours max. I make sure to copy over all of my previous data to another drive so that it is just a copy paste for browser settings, bookmarks, cookies, and all sorts of other stuff. The longest part of it is only installing a dozen or so apps at once then restarting.

Ah ok, I think I could do it in a day if I knew exactly what I needed to change. I would make a good list of stuff to reinstall, settings to change, things to add ect. before I format.

Who do microsoft think they are? I didn't see anywhere that mozilla were claiming 1 bn unique users or anything of the kind, only that they have reached that mark in total downloads. Bringing the number of "internet connected users" into the equasion is utterly pointless and makes them look very stupid.

It takes me about 2 hours max. I make sure to copy over all of my previous data to another drive so that it is just a copy paste for browser settings, bookmarks, cookies, and all sorts of other stuff. The longest part of it is only installing a dozen or so apps at once then restarting.

Ah, you don't have many PC games ? I have about 20 DVD Games and my Steam games folder is in excess of 100gb.

100gb of downloads on a 3mb DSL line which is supposedly limited to 15gb a month is not fun. That said, they only once sent me a letter and then i exceeded my download limit by 130Gb the next month and they didn't say a thing :confused:

Who do microsoft think they are? I didn't see anywhere that mozilla were claiming 1 bn unique users or anything of the kind, only that they have reached that mark in total downloads. Bringing the number of "internet connected users" into the equasion is utterly pointless and makes them look very stupid.

QFT. Considering Billy went to Harvard you would of thought he'd of thought this over a bit better :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom