Logins to certain websites are extremely slow

I have a similar problem. Dell 830 will hook-up to wireless router w/o problem, open Opera w/o problem, from there takes FOREVER to get to web site, mostly will not make it. Help please, Win xp pro sp3, Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU, T7500@ 2.20GHz, 3.00 GB of Ram.

All filters checked, all software checked. Extremely frustrating, google pops up quickly, I put a website in search block (several pop up), I click on one and watch the little circle go round and round for hours....no hook-up.

thanks in advance.

The problem persists for me with Firefox, IE, and Chrome. It would seem that any issues are at the system level or maybe my ISP.

It is strange to note though that my laptop, which is wireless, has no issues at all. It is only this PC which is hardwired into the wall.

I installed "Firebug" in firefox to get an idea of what is going on. Here are the results when I load bankofamerica.com, log in, and try to open up my "checking account" page...

35 requests

125.2 KB

1m 41s (onload: 1m 4s)

Those 35 requests were almost all the tiny little pictures and icons you would expect to see scattered around a webpage like that. For example, a little "down arrow" icon is as follows:

Response body: 448 Bytes
Total Received: 777 Bytes (including HTTP headers)
Total Sent: 3428 Bytes (including HTTP headers)

DNS lookup: 0
Connecting: 0
Sending: 0
Waiting: 36.06 seconds
Receiving: 0

Almost all of the items on the page follow the same pattern. They are all simple icons, gifs or jpgs. They all take almost no time to connect, send, or receive but almost all of them have very large "waiting" times, anywhere from 5seconds to 40 seconds. What could be causing this?

Also: Upon logging out of bankofamerica and closing the tab and trying to log back in the problem is less severe, mainly because the page no longer tries to load the little icons, they are already saved. It still stalls when it is trying to obtain my account information and a few other items it apparently wants to download fresh each time.

Back
Top Bottom