Links to audio files not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverSagess

Beta member
Hello All,

Whenever I click a link to an audio file (wav or mp3) my internet explorer goes to a blank white page... no error message. No sound playing. Nothing. (It's not a blank screen... just a blank webpage. I can still navigate around.) If the sound is embedded in a page, it plays just fine. I can play sounds outside of IE, such as using WMP. Any ideas what might be wrong??

I am using Windows XP SP3 and Internet Explorer 7.

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. :)

Pam

Right click the link and use the Save As feature. That will download and save the file for you. No need to play it thru IE at all then.

Mak,

Thank you for the suggestion. It may work as a temporary fix, but I shouldn't have to do it that way. I should just be able to click the link. And "save target as" isn't working on one of the sites I am having trouble with. I get a message saying "Internet explorer cannot download. No such interface supported."

Something changed on my computer... a setting? A virus? Some corrupt files? Missing codecs? I'm hoping to get it back to the way it should be.

Before you posted again, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling IE7.0 and that seems to have done the trick. What a hassel though! I have had to many probs with 7.0!!!

Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom