Laptop refuses to connect to wireless

HJT log looks fine. The only entries that stuck out were the IsMyWinLockerReboot ones, but that's apparently related to some encryption software - was this installed by your or did it come on your computer by default at all?

Did AdwCleaner find anything?

What you can also try is uninstalling / deleting the wifi driver, and then trying to reinstall it. It's possible it's a corrupt driver. You can do this by going into Device manager -> right click your wifi device -> Uninstall... -> check the box mentioning deleting the driver file as well -> Click OK -> Reinstall driver.

Winlocker came preinstalled. I uninstalled it recently because I had stopped using it.

Adwcleaner did find some things, but most of them looked harmless (like the Boost c++ library). Should I clean everything it found?

Yeah, I downloaded and installed them. Never quite figured out how to use them, but that's for another post. :p

Edit:
Restarted PC after adwcleaner kinda forced me to, and all is well.
Thank you all for your help.

Also, I'm sorry Carnage, but... (view second attachment)

Attachments

• Greenshot_2015-03-26_10-01-11.jpg
    Greenshot_2015-03-26_10-01-11.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 4
  • Tech & Computer Forums_2015-03-26_10-05-36.jpg
    Tech & Computer Forums_2015-03-26_10-05-36.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Where did you get the drivers from?

i'd suggest getting them from here:
https://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wireless-download.php?chipset=70&system=5

It's a legit Atheros driver distributor (even though it's a .CZ domain). Latest version is 10.0.0.303 from 2014-11-25. Scroll to the bottom of that section, and click the "Click for Download" button and then wait for the download to start (may take a bit).

I was actually gonna suggest this site but didn't trust it due to the domain :p

Yes, it seems to be that the issue is due to malaware. There could be other underlying issues, such as a disagreement with Windows and the driver that isn't caused in safe mode because that disagreement is disabled. You could try checking the services manager, though that can be a bit of a hassle.

I guess your best option would be try try a clean up. Mbam is a good start, but whenever I get a nasty virus, I usually do a sweep with AVG, Mbam, and Superantisypware (It sounds and looks fake but I promise you that it isn't

Give it a run and it may help. If not, then it might time to dig a little deeper or take my route (Reinstall Windows, which I imagine you don't wanna do) Either way, good luck.

Yeah, I downloaded and installed them. Never quite figured out how to use them, but that's for another post. :p

Edit:
Restarted PC after adwcleaner kinda forced me to, and all is well.
Thank you all for your help.
Glad to hear that fixed it - something must have been hiding I guess.

Also, I'm sorry Carnage, but... (view second attachment)

:lol: No problem - that tends to happen a lot with me it seems...lol.

Back
Top Bottom