Knocked offline by website

Status
Not open for further replies.

DennyCrane99

Solid State Member
I am having a difficult time accessing a site.
Specifically..DirecTv.com's billing area.
When I visit the website, all is normal, and I can navigate thru most everything..EXCEPT when i try to access the MY ACCOUNT area. I am able to access all the way thru my name, password, and even ask to view my bill, it will list ALL my bills via dates.
BUT, when I click on ANY date, I am kNOCKED OFFline, and need to restart explorer..Everytime. I even tried to "open target in new page"..same result.
DTV says their site is fine, and no complaints received..
I even place this site in my "allowed" area in tools..

Any thoughts? I would like to see my bills...LOL

When you say Knocked offiline do you meen IE crashes (not responding) or your connection is actully disconnected?
It may be something used in the website for example you cannot use a certain page without a ActiveX control and this is conflicting/not installed or whatever. Check what actully happens when you visit the page and maby post us a screenshot (removing personal data obviously) :>

Also: what is your internet provider.

I have problems where it disconnects on Virgin Media..if I either do Streaming Videos or Torrents.

When you say Knocked offiline do you meen IE crashes (not responding) or your connection is actully disconnected?
It may be something used in the website for example you cannot use a certain page without a ActiveX control and this is conflicting/not installed or whatever. Check what actully happens when you visit the page and maby post us a screenshot (removing personal data obviously) :>

I have IE7
When I try to click on the date I wish to see, the IE ends, and I am sent back to my desktop..Here I need to reclick IE to get back on..

I am using Verizon Fios.

This is the only site I have encountered problems with..

In reponse to your first question, I DO have some troublr with IE..I will repeatedly get the "NOT RESPONDING" message on the top border, and then it will respond and work normally..
Until I switch pages, or open a link....Then the same mesage NOT RESPONDING will appear.

Huum this sounds a little more complex than first thought :eek:
I know this may be a little annoying but try a fresh IE install.
Maby try it with another browser like firefox just to test and if there is no problems there we will know that its IE and not your system.
Also say you had 2 tabs open:

1) with the dogy website
2) with some other site

also a total new ie window (not tab) and this also had some tabs open in it

When you click the dogy tab does it completly close all ie sessions or just the tabs in that ie session e.g leaving the other ie session functioning normally?

I think I need a total cleanout of my system....This morning I tried to open my Roxio program..As of this writing I'm STILL waiting for it to come up..Sigh..LOL

Imopened up my nero rogram and it opened "quicker" than Roxio....Still waiting..

However, when I tried to close Nero after using it, I get the same NOT RESPONDING message...It appears everything either runs slooooow, NOT RESPONDS (then responds after awhile), or comes up...

It can honestly take me like 5 mins JUST to check mail...Waiting, not responding, then responding...

I think I should do a complete cleaning of my C drive..I don't have much to save, musiv/video already backed up on ext hD..I would just need to backup a few things to the ext HD..

Am I better to do a complete wipe of my C drive, or can I simply use the Gateway OP system disc that came with my comp..

I have NEVER done this before....

Sounds like CPU overload. Have you opened up Task Manager and looked to see what all is running and using up the CPU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom