Issue with forums and bbs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vermilion

Beta member
1) I can't stay logged in on certain php forums. I type in my username and password and click login. And it gives me the confirmation "thank you, you are being redirected" message. After that it takes me to the forum home NOT logged in.

2) On a forum I post on occasionally, I can stay logged in...but I can barely post twice a day on it. It starts at the page where you enter the reply. When I click the reply button it says "invalid session, please resubmit the form." And of course, I resubmit the form and get the SAME MESSAGE again. I repeat this until it posts my reply.

3) This one is a real problem. Some times when I register to a forum and enter in my information and CORRECT confirmation code, the page refreshes and says the confirmation code is wrong.

This has been going on ever since I got a new router. It was meant for a 1000mbs ethernet card but it was also able to run on 100mbs (which is what i have).

When that router broke, I had to operate on my modem alone. And it was STILL giving me problems with forums. I have a newer router designed for a 100mbs ethernet card.

So I posted this problem on one of the forums I post a lot on. Someone thought it was my Ip address. Here is their reply:

"It's your IP. If it's constantly changing, the forums will reject the post until you submit it without a change."

Seeing that the IP address could be the root of the problem, I went to whatismyip.com and found out my ip. I checked again 10 minutes later and it was completely different from the first one.

The next thing I tried was an ip address locator. I typed my ip in and it said I lived in california when I don't. I tried again 5 minutes later and it said I lived in Michigan. What the **** is going on here?

My laptops that are connected to the wireless network have the same problem. Could this be an issue with my modem?

Ok, I think I fixed it. I went inside my router config and clicked LAN IP setup. In the place where it says add, i added my computers ip address and mac address. Things seem to be working smoothly now. I'll keep this updated if anything goes wrong.

well they upgraded this site not too long ago and since then, i've noticed a lot of things that aren't fixed. I log in and it says "thank you for logging in" and it goes back to the forums home and i'm logged out..but as soon as I click on a category or a topic, i'm logged in. Also, none of my links inside the "Quick Links" work. I think it's just issues with the web sites you're visiting. I don't have the same problem with any other forums I visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom