IP Address - trying to renew, XP, 2 computers on a network

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amaryllis

Beta member
I recently took my computer back to year 0. I reformatted the hard drive and was able to reinstall Windows XP Professional and Microsoft Office 2000 Professional. Everything works fine. I try to access the internet and recieve a response that I have no internet connection. The host computer is able to connect to the internet, my computer, the client computer is not able to connect! I have tried everything!!!!! I have reset my D-Link (DI-604) Broadband Router... and after doing so when I go to renew my IP address the next screen that comes up and I type ipconfig /release and press enter I get nothing! No IP address shows up... NOTHING!?!?!?!? What do I do now? Please help.:(

so you got two computers connected to a router? and the new computer won't connect to the internet? did you try turning off the first computer and plug the new one into the port where the first one was? maybe its just one of the ports that has broken. if that doesn't work, try to write the exact same configuration into the new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom