IP Address Mirroring

Status
Not open for further replies.

socaltech

Beta member
Im sorry if this is in the wrong place so please move it if that is the case

Anyways I was wondering about IP address mirrors, what are the possibilities of doing it? Who has the ability to do it? Can some ordinary person be able to mirror an IP? Is there websites that enable this type of thing?

I am asking because I met a person online and they introduced me to a friend of theirs. I have known them for quite a while and they both have sent me emails. I recently decided to check the IPs of their emails and they are identical. I confronted both of them and the friend said they used an IP mirror to mirror the other person for protection online.

I think its total BS but I dont know a whole lot about this stuff to make a definitive conclusion. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Hello,

Yes people can mirror a IP. It is not that difficult really. There are tools out there to do it. But the email headers would contain the information be it from a IP mirror or not would show the original IP of the person who sent it.

Other than that information there isnt much else we can say. As this borders on illegal activity which is against our rules.

Cheers,
Mak

Thanks for the information Mak, I understand that you cant give out any more information because of the legalities of the situation. Feel free to lock this down if you wish

Hello,

Will close due to your permission. If you have any more questions please stop on back and give us a shot. We will be sure to answer everything and anything we can.

Cheers,
Mak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom