Ip address

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjo

Beta member
I am recording video at a location via a dvr card. I have the option to monitor this on line, however I have not been able to get that part to work. I think that is because the host system is connected through a router. I enter the IP address of the location but how does the client system get to the host through the router?
Thanks
Scott

you prolly need to setup port forwarding on you router for the app. you'll need to know what ports the app uses. if it tells you to connect to your ip through a webbrowser without a specified port number after the ip then it prolly uses port 80.

you may also want to setup dynamic dns so you can connect to a name address instead of ip which prolly does change. goto www.dyndns.org or www.no-ip.com

Thanks,
I found the port forwarding screen. My application uses port 3550. There is a inbound port setting and a private port setting in on the port forwarding screen. What do I input where.

Also I can view the site as a web cam through IE. Which I am assuming uses port 80. How would I configure this?
Thanks
Scott

sjo said:
Thanks,
I found the port forwarding screen. My application uses port 3550. There is a inbound port setting and a private port setting in on the port forwarding screen. What do I input where.

Also I can view the site as a web cam through IE. Which I am assuming uses port 80. How would I configure this?
Thanks
Scott

can you post a screenshot of the said port forwarding screen?

to allow access to port 80, open your router config by broswing to your router's ip in IE. Find Port Forward Setup. Add a port forward for port 80 and point it to your machines internal ip which is prolly a 192 address

Couldn't quit figure out how to post a screen shot, however I was playing around on the forwarding screen and I think I figured it out. I won't know untill monday when I get a chance to set up the host computer. It appears that the private port numbers are the same as the inbound port numbers.
Thanks again
Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom