Invision board problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dolbinau

Beta member
Hey,

I don't know if this is the right forum nor place to ask this however I'm having problems with invision board 1.3,

My smilies or post icons won't "show" up when I press New topic or post reply (however they will in the "actual" post when posted).

Can anyone help?

Huh? Try explaining what the snot Invision Board is, and we'll see what we can come up with...

i would try the invision forums on there site.

they would have alot more info for you.

No, they won't help you. IPB 2.0 is paid-only (like vBulletin) so they won't help anyone who's not a paid customer. Also their members are warned against non-customers PMing them for support. What I would recommend is go to their forum anyway and look up the boards run by fans, such as Invisionize.com, go to the forum THERE, and ask for help. There they can't tell if you're a customer or not, and will be more likely to help you.

As for what it is, Invision Power Board is one of the leading forum packages on the Net. vBulletin, which this site uses, is its biggest competitor. Most people could care less and just see forums as forums, but some people judge it in part by the code. Another popular choice is phpBB. Then there are the old ones like Infopop and EZBoard. They still work, but they look old and low-tech if you're used to an IPB or vB. I always thought IPB was cleaner and easier to use, and vB had more options but wasn't as easy to use (slightly).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom