Internet wont load

Status
Not open for further replies.

benzimm86

In Runtime
Internet layout: Cable internet through road runner, linksys router directly connected to modum, switch plugged into router for more computer access to internet (i am directly plugged into the router with a static IP) other computers on network are not having any problems. using newest version of slimbrowser most of the time but when i use Iexplorer it does the same thing

what happens: when i type in an address or something into a search, it takes several attemps for the page to load. some times i get page can not be displayed or even forbidden. other times entire page will not load or load with errors. i have check for viruses using microtrends online virus scan and i have also done adware removals as well as pcpitstop.com computer test they all come up with no problems

if you have any idea what is wrong or need anymore info let me know

thanks
benzimm86

any chance you've scanned for spyware and adware? With your setup, sounds like you know what you're doing, so there shouldn't be any problems there...

Has this computer ever been online? It would seem to need to obtain an ip from the dhcp server(router) unless you know the range and assigned an ip high enough to not get a conflict.

the computer has been scanned for spyware and adware using spybot, ad-aware, and pcpitstop.com. yes the computer is on the internet and was working fine then one day just started doing this. the routers ip address is 192.168.1.1 the range for dhcp is 192.168.1.100 to 192.168.149 i had it statically set to 192.168.1.101 but just changed it to dynamic to see if that would matter which it doesnt. i also at times have trouble accessing my router when i type in //192.168.1.1 i sometimes get an action canceled page.

hmm, sounds like a doozie.. well, I don't really have any ideas on this subject except that.. maybe the nic is going bad? I remember a clients computer earlier in the year was having more or less the same problem, but the fact is.. I knew it should be working and it wasn't, so the last thing I checked (because I figured it was working) was the onboard nic. I put in another mobo of the same exact model and it worked great. So maybe it's something to look into.

I searched google and nothing good really came up. I found one thing "NIC tester driver" which doesn't look promissing, but perhaps you could give it a shot.

http://www.network-drivers.com/drivers/25/25302.htm

Also, I know it sounds stupid, but you've checked your hub to see that the connection is in order right?

Ohh, just thought of this.. I use a program called "Commview" to see what's going on with my network, what ip is using the internet, etc... I think installing this program would be an awesome idea (installing it on another computer on the same network) as to see if this computer is sending/rec.. Could be a good idea =)

^hope something from all this mumbo-jumbo help you, good luck

and btw, welcome to TF!

try power cycling your hardware. let the modem power up first, then plug in the router and then the hub. does roadrunner support static ip addresses?

no its none of these problems.... road runner is having issues in some areas with they're internet connectivity... DON'T MESS WITH ANYTHING OR CHANGE SETTINGS. its only temporary and its time warner cable's fault... its not your computer. i have the same issues.

Even if you default all your browser settings, it is very easy to go back in and reconfigure them. Just because you experience an outage in your area, doesn't mean the entire network across the states is having the same problem.

~Fawks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom