Internet Security and Children

Status
Not open for further replies.

digital_ninja2k

Baseband Member
It is my honest opinion that children under the age of sixteen should be monitored online to prevent them from accessing things they shouldn't and to keep them away from the sickos that lurk in certain chat rooms and things of that nature.

My wife happens to adamently disagree. I honestly don't remember how we got onto the suject seeing as we don't have any children yet.

I thought I'd ask here and see what everyone else thought.

So, What do you think is the right way to protect children while they surf the web?

If you're woried about your kids internet activity then stick the computer in a shared room (such as the living room).

All the software and stuff you can stick on the computer to monitor their activity will really **** them off - since they feel you dont trust them and it will end up imposing unnecessary restrictions on them.

etc... i know some people here have very strong views on this topic so i'll leave the rest to them - i'm more interested in what is contained in your sig since it seems to have found a bug in the forum code causing all other posts to be contained within yours - or am i the only person finding this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom