Internet problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin

Solid State Member
...Or at least, I think it is. I have to say, I'm no computer newbie, but this is kinda stumping me. My friend Kim uses Firefox (1.0.6) alongside Netscape and IE6. Her OS is Windows XP Home w/ SP2 and her computer is manufactured by Toshiba. She's on an Ethernet network with a Linksys router and cable internet (just spewing the statistics as I go here folks XD).

Now, the problem is that, and I quote her, "It won't show third party ads, it stopped showing linked buttons about three months ago, and now it won't show direct linked images either (like the ones on the board) o_O"

Anyway, any one have an idea of what's going on here?

All three listed above.

We've worked out that her hosts file may have been hijacked, so she's running an anti-spyware program in safe mode overnight. She wants to do a repair with the XP disk, and I'm kind of inclined to agree that that may work.

Check the settings on her firewall. If they are set too high it won't let that stuff in.

Heh. Thankfully, she thought to check that. For once, I have a friend who's not completely computer illiterate.

She hasn't been online today, so I'm assuming she decided to do a repair with her XP disk. I may not talk to her for a few more days. *frown*

Justin said:
Heh. Thankfully, she thought to check that. For once, I have a friend who's not completely computer illiterate.

She hasn't been online today, so I'm assuming she decided to do a repair with her XP disk. I may not talk to her for a few more days. *frown*
Just because she used a XP disk is no reason to get mad and not talk to her! You bellend!

XD No no. I meant that I won't have access to a computer for a few more days, so I won't know what's going on.

Justin said:
XD No no. I meant that I won't have access to a computer for a few more days, so I won't know what's going on.

Pretty sure that was meant as a joke :)

You don't live close enough to her to go over there and help her out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom