internet problem.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

adam88

Beta member
whenever i go onto this computer, it takes around an hour for the internet to work? but my bros comp works fine? (we share internet connection through a lan) i'm just wondering why it takes me an hour to get the net and what can i do to solve the problem to make the net work as soon as i go on my comp?

Adam, first you need to state what your operating system is and what type of connection you have.

Saying that it takes an hour to connect to the internet is a bit ridiculous no?... like does it connect and then bump you back off?... does the modem just dial and nothing happens?... in another words... I'm asking you to

PLEASE BE MORE SPECIFIC. thank you. :)

my operating system is windows xp, and i have cogeco cable

http://www.cogeco.ca/en/commercial_services_hsi_packages_o.html

the problem is that i can't connect to the internet when i turn on the comp. i have to wait until the net is up and running and that is usually an hour. i had a problem like this before, but it never connected, so i reformated the comp and it was fine for a few says, then it took a couple minutes to connect to the internet and now its app. an hour? the strange thing is that my brother and i use the same connection, but his net starts as soon as he turns on the comp??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom