Internet issues, loading and timeing out, please help me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Little_Miss_Spooky

Beta member
First of all, I think i chose the right place on the forum, if i didnt, i'm really sorry.

I'm not a computer wizz, and i really need some help, and would be so grateful to anyone who can help me.

I called my internet provider, but could hardly understand him, and have no idea if what he said is right, ive never had anyone take me through the steps he did before, or say the things he did when ive had any other internet problems and called them.

I use UK online for my internet broadband and its been great up to now.
Its usually more or less instant, i click a site and it loads like that *clicks fingers*

For the past two weeks hardly anything will load properly, i can go make a cup of tea and come back and a page will still be loading, and aswell have been getting alot of timeout messages.

So i called ukonline today and i got a guy who i couldnt understand very well.
He told me to go to start, run and type sumthing in so i got the little black window with my TCP's in (i dont actually know what these are / this means myself)
He asked how many TCP's i have and there were quite a few. Then he asked me to go to btopenworld/speedcheck and the result was 110 kbs, i hope i put that right. He then said my internet should be 8 times faster than that, and that he did a line check and my intenet is fine, so it has to be my computer.
He told me to defragment it and do checks etc, which i do regularly anyway.

A few months ago my computer was in pretty bad shape memory wise, so i completely gutted it and also got an external hard drive to give it some more room and its in way better nick now than it was then, and my interent was perfect back then.

So i cant understnad how it is my memory causing this problem when my interent worked great when my computer had far less memory than it does now.
The guy made out like it was memory that was the problem i think.

I wrang back to try speak to someone else who could explain all this to me better but the same guy answered, so please can someone help me.

Thanks Miss Spooky xxxx

I read over the spyware removal guide, and i dont have either of the anti virus systems that it recommends to remove, i have NOD32 2.7 and have run all scans i can and also a deep clean and nothing has come up, my brother set up all the anti virus, he built my whole computer, and the anti virus has been fantastic, ive never had any spyware problems.

So i wasnt sure what to do concerning the guide, as my anti virus isnt listed as being crappy, and i dont really want to get rid of it to buy a new one as it works so well already.
Or seems to.

Please can anyone give me more advice, or maybe tell me if theres any other way i can check for spyware and the like?

x

Spyware is not viruses. An antivirus would do nothing for spyware infestation. If nothing else, download Spybot and run it.

I read over the spyware removal guide, and i dont have either of the anti virus systems that it recommends to remove, i have NOD32 2.7 and have run all scans i can and also a deep clean and nothing has come up, my brother set up all the anti virus, he built my whole computer, and the anti virus has been fantastic, ive never had any spyware problems.

So i wasnt sure what to do concerning the guide, as my anti virus isnt listed as being crappy, and i dont really want to get rid of it to buy a new one as it works so well already.
Or seems to.

Please can anyone give me more advice, or maybe tell me if theres any other way i can check for spyware and the like?

x

Post a hijackthis log in the analyze section so we can double check

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom