Internet IP Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobsanchez

Beta member
Is it legal for forum admins to release member's ips to the other people?

so ie: if you pissed off an admin, and he was like "whatever, i'm going to go post his ip to the rest of the people so he can get hacked". Would that be breaking any laws?

I doubt it would be illegal. You can get a persons IP through so many methods that I don't believe it matters, anyway in a few days a persons IP usually changes so it is not the same person.

Well not everyones IP address changes, mine is static, but so what. run nslookup on any domain name and you get the IP address they are not a secret. If you have a firewall running (which of course you do!) then who cares, most people are behind NAT which is pretty hard to compromise anyway. Bots scan IP addresses constantly and will find vaulnerable computers and break them. If anyone hacks your computer then it becomes illegal. If the forum admin releases your IP address asking people to hack you then they will find it pretty hard to defend themselves if you get hacked. I wouldnt wory about it. My webserver sits at my IP address so it is all over the internet and i havent been hacked yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom