internet explorer and tabs are lagging pretty bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

raverx3m

Daemon Poster
i notticed yesterday out of the blue my internet explorer started lagging pretty bad.

when i click x onthe tab theres a delay of at least 5 seconds before it closes
when i close the internet explorer theres even longer delay before it closes.
didnt change any settings didnt install anything. so i dont know what to blame for this lag.
anyone experience that?

xp pro sp3 all updates and everything good
IE 8
comodo firewall and avg antivirus with realtime scan disabled

Sounds like you might have picked up a bug. Hit Osisris's site and go through his guide:
Spyware Asylum

Be sure to post your logs in the Analyze forum for him to look over.

Have you tried without addons? Have you tried resetting the browser?

yep antivirus picked up a trojan wtf lol
im gonna be locking up my pc while im not home... i hate when people use my computer.

now the frikkin HD grinding is back its been grinding for last 20 minutes or so and i dont know what is is acessing all this time

Reboot into Safe Mode and run ComboFix and then MBAM.

strange.

it just randomly started happening again.
browsing same pages as i was last week, just checking up on forums and deviant art replies and new art, noticed it again. about 5-8second lag when closing tabs. and about 15-20 second lag when i closed IE
i did a quick scan didnt find any suspicious files

i looked at network/cpu activity and there nothing there, no increased cpu load or any data sent/rceived during that closing delay period.

It could be that there is still loading going on or a flash ad that is still active when you close the tab. So the system has to close that item out first before it closes the tab. What version of IE are you running and on what OS?

ok i didnt know what you talking about when you meant without add ons.

i just did and pinpointed it to the AVG safe search addon.

as soon as i disabled it the internets are closing fast again.

Yes, raverx3m, running IE in No Add-on Mode can help to both speed up your browsing as well pinpoint add-ons that are causing problems. You can also try running IE as normal (with add-ons) and then manage your add-ons. To do this Open IE, go to ‘tools' and ‘manage add-ons'. Disabling any unnecessary add-ons may help your Internet run faster. Try disabling add-ons with more than a .2 sec load time. (i.e. tool bars)

Glad you are now experiencing fast internet :)

Cheers,
Cassandra
IE Outreach Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom