Internet Explorer Hijacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

succdis

Beta member
I tried to fix in my registry a spyware program or hijack that was sending my search to www.searchxl.com. I tried resetting it and just deleting it and it eventuallty came back. The location was

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-329068152-838170752-682003330-70234\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchUrl

I was wondering if there would be a way to manually or from a script reneter the search url back into my registry.

Now its all I have is a page cannot be displayed for a side asearch bar in internet explorer.

I deleted the key so it is gone. There are a few entried in there thyat also contain searchxl.com so I deleted those keys. Now obviously I was frustrated so I got delete happy and I feel pretty comfortable with a PC. any ideas out there?

OMG. I had Adaware and it did not fix it as it does not Repair registry. I had Spyware Blaster running in background which monitors spyware activity. I uninstalled it and refreshed my page and BAM MSN search came back. In case this helps.

searchxl

Thanks!

Those sneaky bastards. DIE HIJACKERS DIE I will not buy crap from your demanding search engines!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom