Internet Explorer 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
They very well could be. they both render the site differently and they both use different fonts.

IE uses the Fonts that Windows uses. Firefox has its own font set cause it is used on more than just Windows. So it comes with a font set that can be used on Widnows, OS X and Linux.

also I was wondering why you can,t go to Internet Options and clear your Temp Internet Files, Cookies, History, Forum Data, and passwords on Firefox like you can on Internet Explorer?

also when you have spyware scans and Anti Virus scans going does that also scan Firefox browser and what kind of support is there because Windows doesn,t support Firefox as I was told?

You can in firefox. It is just done differently than it is done in IE.

In firefox go under Tools>Options>Privacy Tab. There is all the options for your history, Cookies and Personal Data.

Yes Spyware and Virus scans will include Firefox. It includes every file on the hard drive.

If you want a much more simple process for cleaning all your temp files for your browsers. Try CCleaner.

They very well could be. they both render the site differently and they both use different fonts.

IE uses the Fonts that Windows uses. Firefox has its own font set cause it is used on more than just Windows. So it comes with a font set that can be used on Widnows, OS X and Linux.

do you find the colour and fonts different on firefox over IE?

Yes i already explained that in Post #11 why they are different. You have to adjust Firefox to use the Windows Fonts. The Colors cant be adjusted cause Firefox uses teh Gecko Engine and IE uses the Trident. They render the sites differently and therefor there is no way to get the colors to match exactly.

You will see that the colors will vary from IE to Firefox to Safari to Chrome to Opera. As they use 4 Different engines to render sites.

So either it is the color of the theme you have on in Firefox, the calibration of your monitor or the fact that the engine renders each site differently that can account for why they show different colors.

Yes i already explained that in Post #11 why they are different. You have to adjust Firefox to use the Windows Fonts. The Colors cant be adjusted cause Firefox uses teh Gecko Engine and IE uses the Trident. They render the sites differently and therefor there is no way to get the colors to match exactly.

You will see that the colors will vary from IE to Firefox to Safari to Chrome to Opera. As they use 4 Different engines to render sites.

So either it is the color of the theme you have on in Firefox, the calibration of your monitor or the fact that the engine renders each site differently that can account for why they show different colors.

I'm sorry I missed the answer in Post 11!

I still can,t figure out how to import and export my favorites like I do with IE? and also how much support do you get from Windows?

I am wondering how long my compter will work for and what I mean is how long before the software won,t work anymore I have windows XP Intel Pentium 4 3.08 Ghz 1GB Ram because maybe I need more Ram or just a new system but I doubt it yet I got a wipe and reload yesterday and has helped but could still be faster getting on to my browser!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom