Internet Explorer 7 Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

xXxexpertxXx

In Runtime
I am trying to uninstall Internet Explorer 7 than reinstall it because its giving me some problems. I can't seem to uninstall it, it isn't in the Add/Remove Programs in control panel and if i try to delete all the files it says that its being used.

Any thoughts?

Is the show updates checkbox ticked in the Add/Remove programs? If not, check it then you should see IE7.

Ahhhh, in that case then you're out of luck as IE7 is an integral part of Vista and cannot be uninstalled...

%99.9999999999999999 sure of that.

Bugg is right. IE7 can not be uninstalled from Vista. If it says it is still being used that is probably because it sevices are still active.

I need to reinstall it! Gotta be a way! i see the files! but some of them i couldnt delete! now i can even use the fkn internet explorer anymore!

You could always try one of the IE alternatives...

Why do you need IE so bad? -Just out of curiousity...

Reinstall IE7 in Vista - MSDN Forums

Look. Just as i said from several Microsoft people. IE7 can not be re-installed on Vista. Yes you can see the files. They HAVE to be there to run it. But you can not remove it and then jsut put the files back. That will not fix the problem.

So either you have to hope you have a restore point to before the issue or you are going to have to format and reinstall since Vista does not haev the repair option anymore.

I need to reinstall it! Gotta be a way! i see the files! but some of them i couldnt delete! now i can even use the fkn internet explorer anymore!

To search the web! lol

Im using fire fox tho

How do i make FireFox my default Browser? I went into options but i cant seem to find where i make FF my default Browser

Hope you like Firefox! :)

Here's how to set it to be your default browser...

After you have installed the program to make Firefox the default browser, open Firefox. Now choose Tools|Options. At the top of the dialog box, click the General button. Under Default Browser, click to add a checkmark next to "Firefox should check to see if it is the default browser when starting" and then click the Check Now button.

If Firefox isn't set as the default browser, it will tell you and let you change it. Click OK and now when you click links, Firefox opens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom