internet download speed is high but browsers have difficulty connecting

horsechamp

Beta member
My internet wifi download speed is high but my browsers have difficulty connecting to web sites. The wifi I am using was recently changed from something fairly slow to something that tests on speedtest.net at from 12 mbs to 32 mbs download speed but the response of my browsers, all of them, have become very slow so that they often timeout without connecting and I have to repeatedly retry to make an initial connection or move from one site to another.
I would like some suggestions as to what could be causing this. Once I get connected to a site I can stream videos very well but it is difficult to get connected. Also the web sites initially load very slowly sometimes only partially loading. I am not accustomed to seeing this and I do not understand with such a high download and upload speed test result why this is happening. All the browsers do this. I use mostly Mozilla and Chrome. I also have recently had Chrome fail to connect to google. I have to use Mozilla to get to google because Chrome says it cannot connect to google when I try. This just started happening.

Something else I forget to state about my problem is that I am only having this connection problem at one WIFI spot. At several other WIFI locations that I use, I do not have this problem. The strange thing is that the WIFI site where I have this problem is also the one that tests with the fastest download and upload speeds.

My internet wifi download speed is high but my browsers have difficulty connecting to web sites. The wifi I am using was recently changed from something fairly slow to something that tests on speedtest.net at from 12 mbs to 32 mbs download speed but the response of my browsers, all of them, have become very slow so that they often timeout without connecting and I have to repeatedly retry to make an initial connection or move from one site to another.
I would like some suggestions as to what could be causing this. Once I get connected to a site I can stream videos very well but it is difficult to get connected. Also the web sites initially load very slowly sometimes only partially loading. I am not accustomed to seeing this and I do not understand with such a high download and upload speed test result why this is happening. All the browsers do this. I use mostly Mozilla and Chrome. I also have recently had Chrome fail to connect to google. I have to use Mozilla to get to google because Chrome says it cannot connect to google when I try. This just started happening.
Who is your ISP, what connection speed are you paying for, and what is your router?

For the record, I'm having sort of the same issue. TF takes forever to load up sometimes but once I'm in I'm good.

Back
Top Bottom