Internet acting up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BAD AI

Baseband Member
Seemingly randomly my internet just stops working, this happens every few hours to couple of days, I then have to reset my modem, router. computer, or all three (Also seemingly random).
It isn't the router as I have connected it directly to the modem, and I still have the problem, and I do not think it is the modem because several others that have had this problem report using different modems and still having the problem.
I have yet to see a solution to this problem, and any help would be appreciated, thanks!

BAD AI said:
Seemingly randomly my internet just stops working, this happens every few hours to couple of days, I then have to reset my modem, router. computer, or all three (Also seemingly random).
It isn't the router as I have connected it directly to the modem, and I still have the problem, and I do not think it is the modem because several others that have had this problem report using different modems and still having the problem.
I have yet to see a solution to this problem, and any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Have you contacted your ISP about this problem?

I have DSL, my ISP said it was on my end (They always say that though), I have a Speedstream 5100 modem, and a Linksys WRT54G wireless router that I am wired to.

I sometimes get problems like this when disconnecting from a game server and joining another. I just go to control panel > Network connections right click on my LAN link and click Repair.

Then you disable your LAN connection by right click disable. Then right click enable and it should work.

If I do that it sticks on disabled and can't be reenabled until I reset my computer.

BAD AI said:
If I do that it sticks on disabled and can't be reenabled until I reset my computer.

I had a problem like this with a linksys wireless NIC. Every time I tried to access the properties for the network connection, it would generate errors. Tried to disable/reenable.. it would freeze on disabled.

My solution? Perhaps overkill, but I uninstalled all windows networking components (add/remove programs, windows components, then deselect IE, network, file and printer sharing.. everything related to networking)... Then I uninstalled the NIC drivers and physically deleted them.

Rebooted. Reinstalled windows components. reboot. Reinstall NIC driver. reboot.

Worked for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom