internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

gungfudan

Beta member
Hi,
I am having a problem with my Dell Inspiron E1505. I had gotten a virus that made my mozilla firefox shut down and I put it in safe mode to clean it out. When I got rid of the virus I restarted it in normal operation mode and went to get on the internet and mozilla saved the pages that had the virus on it so when I clicked on mozilla it loaded more viruses back on the computer. Did that process over in safe mode and when i restarted the computer and tried to get on the internet it said that it was acquiring an address. called the internet provider and tried to get help we went through a few steps and found out my drivers were not up to date. so I borrowed a my fiances computer to download the drivers from dell and put them on a usb drive. I did that but now it says they are connected but when i try to load mozilla it says not connected. so after that long explanation. can some one help

the internet icon at the lower right hand corner but when i open my browser it says other wise

Dell has a utility to handle wireless connections, the Dell Wireless Configuration Utility. It is what we use at work on all the laptops in the field. The system tray icon looks like the signal bars on a cell phone, and are green (or blue if the connections is not made). Right click the icon and open the utility and see if you are connected and to what network you are connected.

The icon you are talking about is probably the little computer that Windows uses for wireless connections. Unless you are using Windows 7 I would use the Dell utility instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom