Interesting change of events

Status
Not open for further replies.

KSoD

Call me Mak or K, Mod Emeritus
So recently i have seen that Opera 11 (Which just hit Beta Today) has the option for Extensions. (FINALLY) So i have downloaded it to try it out and i was pleasantly surprised. While not as fully functional or has as many options as Firefox or even Chrome, it was still nice to finally see some things that took a decent amount of work to accomplish previously by customizations and mods to be done so easily now.

So after messing around with that i happened to check on something for Safari for a reply i was creating. Some to find out Safari has extension support now as well?!?

There is the coveted AdBlock, LastPass, WOT among many others as well. I was floored by the selection that is up on Apple's site for the browser. Seems that in my treks across the net i missed the announcement in July that Safari got Extension support.

But it seems that what Opera had proposed about a universal extension repository might come true. As i see many of the same extensions for Safari as i see for Opera. Same author as well. So either these people are just that good and can work with WebKit as well as Opera or they are making 1 extension that supports multiple browsers.

Would be nice to see IE9 get some of this support as well...:angel:

Well those interested will also like to hear that Microsoft released an update to IE9 Beta since they just put out another Platform Preview (#7 to be exact). That is available here. This should get IE9 a bit closer to how it reacts in the PP and another step closer to release.

I only have this installed on my home PC, to busy the past few days to get it installed at work.

Loving the stacked tabs though!!! I can keep all my MS tabs open under 1 and so on. I don't have 14,000 tabs open anymore on the main bar.
Noticed a few small things like the URL bar hides HTTP (the word 'Web') until you click on it, as well says if the site is trusted/encrypted.
The recycled tab bin has changed and a little piece of paper pops up slightly when you hover over it.

Haven't got around to the extensions yet, but hopefully we'll see a noscript?
Would have liked to see more customization for speed dial - actually enter in the amount of boxes you want. 5x5 is nowhere near enough for me. FF I have 40 going.

Well those interested will also like to hear that Microsoft released an update to IE9 Beta since they just put out another Platform Preview (#7 to be exact). That is available here. This should get IE9 a bit closer to how it reacts in the PP and another step closer to release.

Just a heads up, its in the standard update list. And it seems to have fixed the d/l issues.

Yeah i did notice that there was a Windows Update for the IE9 Beta if you had it installed.

CtwnDwn,

Yes there is a coupld of extensiosn like NoScript and NotScript. Sadly they dont operate the same way that they do in Firefox (NoScript) or Chrome (NotScript) and i have removed them both already. The one like NoScript just straight up blocks everything. Sadly not what i want.

NotScripts just doesnt save your preferences. Even after allowing a specific site, say TF, it reloads teh tab and then blocks the scripts anyways. I am still looking into it and am going to consider sending a bug report on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom