****ing Aol!! Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

booper54

Beta member
I signed up for a free AOL account off one of those cd's like who knows how long ago. At least 6 months. Apparently they've been taking $23.90 out of my account every month even though the free trial time was up. :angry: I only used it ONCE! And I even remember (vaguely though) someone calling me and asking if I wanted to cancel, and I said "yes".

Is there anything I can do to get my ****ing money back?? HELP :mad:

THIS IS ****ING PISSING ME OFF THAT AOL DOES THIS TO PEOPLE

"No doubt..."

I agree!!!!!!!!! AOL IS A PIECE OF TW****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

I don't know if there's anything you can do accept tell your bank to block transfers from America Online from extracting funds from your account. they may, and may not do it, but it worked for me.
Other than that, you should think about sewing them if it did some seriose damage to your credid report! -Hell i know i would!! :angry: :cool:

Call AOL and tell them you want to end your subscription. You have to give them something like one months notice. They should not be charging you if your only using the free trials. However, how did they get your credit card details. You must have told AOL at some point, which leads me to believe you might have inadvertantly signed up for there service without knowing it.

Retro.

I already cancelled my account with them. I have no idea when I signed up, it could've been a year ago for all I know. And a year's worth is $23.90 * 12 = $286.80 I've had my account for a little over a year so it couldn't have been much more than that at maximum. I'm guessing it was around 6 or 7 months so..... about $150.

I think I'm just gonna say **** it and leave it. Not much I can do because it was probably in the end-user agreement, which nobody reads anyways. It still pisses me off though :mad: If they really did NOT want to take those people who don't read the agreement's money, then they would make it so it cancels automatically, wouldn't they? It shouldn't be that hard. ****ing bastards.

When you sign up for an AOL free trial, they make you give them your credit card details. And they start charging you automatically after your free trial is up, so I don't think there's much you can do about it. It probably warns you in the 200 pages of fine print somewhere... :confused:

Basically, keep those AOL discs AWAY from your computer...

(note: if you just CANNOT throw them out, they do make good frisbees)

Anyhow, from my experience, AOL is a very tough company to deal with. They tend not to put much importance to individual users, so you're going to have to really be persistant with them if you want your money back. Expect many hours on hold if it's important enough to you (and there is no reason why it shouldn't be.) Good luck.

Oops, in my post above I meant I've had my BANK ACCOUNT for a little over a year... anyways, I'm just gonna leave it. It's a lesson learned I guess...

****ing AOL :(

AOL does say that you can sign up for a free trial (x amount of hours or x amount of days) without a charge card. However, that is not possible and you must give your cc to them when you sign up for the free trial. The TOS does say that if you don't cancel before the free period expires that you agree to pay for their service.

A long time ago, I used the free trial and called on the 31st day of the trial to cancel. Unfortunately, the trial was a month which is 30 days and they charged me for the next month. I wanted to cancel and them pro-rate the charge, but they don't do that. I canceled that day, but not without a charge for the next month.

You won't get your money back, and that has been an expensive lesson that lots of us have learned.

Dave :D

to me, thats a lot of money. If it was me, I would be calling till I get a person, and DEMAND to speak to his manager...and then demand to speak to HIS manager and so on and so forth till I get some results.

I work in this business, and when you say it cannot be done, there is always a loophole. Its just a matter of finding it. I hate to say it, but dont be afraid to raise your voice to get what you want also.

Best of luck to you

The best thing about the AOL disks are being able to tape bottle rockets to them and blowing them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom