Information about web

Status
Not open for further replies.

afroman

Baseband Member
Hello can anyone tell me what are the basic things (hardware and software), I need to have to make/create my own Web page?

You can create a web page using Notepad (.html, .asp, etc.) or you can use a WYSIWYG such as: MS FrontPage, Dreamweaver, etc. and to host the web page so that it is available to the public you will need a web server or you can purchase space on a web server to host your web page. If you purchase space on a web server you will need a FTP client installed on your machine to be able to transfer your files to the web server or MS FrontPage can publish the files for you and complete the transfer through its application, but only if the web server host supports FrontPage extensions.

Website Creation

No, you don't neccesarily need an FTP client; some hosts allow you to upload via their website.

But anyway, you don't need any hardware at all (unless you plan to host your own website, which seems beyond you). Just find a free web hosting service, like Geocities, Web1000, or FreeWebs. I recommend FreeWebs because Geocities, although popular, isn't that good. Web1000 is the best but requires FTP and has no other editing method or built in pagebuilder. Then, just follow FreeWebs' instructions and you should have a website up.

Or, I could set one up for you. What do you want your website to be about? PM me for my email.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom