Increased amount of intrusions in zonealarm!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonny_uk

Fully Optimized
Basically i was using orange's(wanadoo) livebox connected to my pc via ethernet cable for a few months but it wasnt very reliable i.e wouldnt connect sometimes so i went back to my old ADSL usb broadband modem, much better, always connects etc, anyhow ive notice since switching back ive got literally 2 or 3 times the amount of intrusions on zonealarm pro, i will have about 100 intrusions in half an hour for example!
Why the sudden increase? i know its nothing to worry about as zonealarm pro is clearly doing its job but i just need an explanation for this :confused:

I have never used zonealarm as I use Sygate but surely it should give you more infomation than just, 'We blocked an intrusion'.

If it doesnt i suggest you get a different firewall ^^.

The "intrusions" may be your modem accessing your computer.

I know I get "hits" from my mouse drivers on my old eMachine.

You think?
Is there anyway i can find out for sure if its the modem? i think theres a good chance you might be right because i think its abit of a coincidence that intrusions have doubled since swicthing back to my modem.?
Jams of course i get more info than that, even the free version tells you all that, its just im not sure how to read all the info.

Heres a screen shot showing the intrusions and how often they are.....

Screenshot-29_07_200610_46_34.jpg

Dont think you can see because photobucket resized it :mad:

Hmm... Seems all of your alerts are inbound.

Most of mine are outbound LAUNCHMODEM attempts. It seems that I have WGA blocked.

so what does it mean if mine are all inbound?
sorry not up to speed on firewalls

My alerts are all something on my computer trying to access the internet but is being blocked.

Your alerts seem to be something on the internet trying to access your computer.

Try going to the address ZA lists and see what/where it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom