Increase number of simultaneous downloads

Status
Not open for further replies.

superdave1984

Repeat Offender
This may be posted somewhere already or just be common knowledge, but I am sure it will be helpful to somebody. I've known about this trick for IE but I just found it for Firefox.

For IE:
To increase the number of simultaneous connections that are allowed, follow these steps:

Start the Registry Editor start>run>regedit
Make a backup of your registry
Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Internet Settings
Select New > DWORD Value from the Edit menu
Name the new value MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server
Right-click the MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server value and choose Modify
Under Base, click the radio button next to Decimal
In the Value Data: box enter the number of simultaneous connections you want to set (for example 10 is a good value), and click OK
Repeat steps 3 - 7 using the new value MaxConnectionsPerServer
Exit the registry editor and reboot.

For Firefox:
Any standard web browser supports only 2 downloads at one time per one server. Firefox also does the same. As a result, you will not be able to download more than 2 files at once in Firefox's download manager.

A minor tweak to Firefox's configuration allows you to configure this number as per your requirement.

Type “about:config” (with out quotes) in Firefox's address bar.

Firefox will display a big list of configurable values in a grid. In the Filter box of this grid, type network.http.max-persistent-connections-per-server.

By default this will have a value of “2″. Change this number to your custom number by double clicking the entry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom