Imgur not working properly

Sphener

Beta member
When I click on an Imgur link from Reddit, I get a simple HTML version of the imgur page (without the formatting or images). Or when I click on a i.imgur link, Chrome says that i.imgur cannot be found. Even a few other sites like knowyourmeme and memebase.cheezburger have the non-formatted non-image format. However all other sites are functioning perfectly well. I have also checked the Chrome settings, but all images and java are shown as enabled. I have an unlimited LAN connection. I have seen some other Imgur complaints on the net, but none seemed to be like this. I was also wondering if deleting the browser cookies might help. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
How Imgur looks.

I just tried it in Firefox with the same results. In this case, will clearing my cache help (in Chrome)?

Do you have scripts / cookies and such enabled in both browsers?

Does it display that way in IE (assuming you're on Windows)?

I deleted everything in Firefox (cookies, cache, etc) to no avail.
IE is asking me to reconnect to the internet (despite the fact that it is on), then not accepting it. If I close the dial up box, it crashes.

dial-up box? Are you on a dial-up connection? If so, the browser might be recognizing the speed of your connection and just simply rendering a pure HTML version, to save load time and bandwidth. NOT SURE how to fix THAT.

I'm on a LAN network, and I don't have to login every time I start the computer, so I do not think that it classifies as dial-up. But in IE it asks the username and password.

Just FYI LAN Network is redundant. LAN = Local Area Network - not picking, just educating.

So what exactly is your set up? If you don't know, you can call your internet service provider and see what type of network configuration you have.

The problem may also be local. Do you have a Gmail account? If you do, does it just open in the pure HTML version? Or does it open in the regular version with all the ajax script? You can tell this by looking at the "footer" or bottom of the page and viewing what type of url version you're using. It should say "Standard | HTML | Mobile" or something like that.

If it is opening Gmail in pure HTML mode, reset your router and cycle your modem. Your ISP will tell you how to do that if you don't know. Let us know how that works.

Lets get a little bit more information

What version of windows are you using
Do you have any antivirus, malware or browser toolbars installed, and if so which ones.
Are you at home, work, school, halls\dorm etc.
What speed is your connection (you can run a speed test to confirm this)

When you go to Internet Explorer>Tools>Internet Options>Connections Tab
Do you have anything set in the dial-up and virtual private networks box

When you are in that section click on the LAN Settings button, can you tell us what is set
eg. automatically detect settings

Can you also provide us with some of the URL's that are not displaying so that we can test them and see what script etc. loads on those pages

if you do a ping test on any of these website what is the reply

Back
Top Bottom