IE7, won't execute typed in URL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bumblebee Tuna

In Runtime
When I type in the url in IE7, and press enter, nothing happens. I can type it into a search engine, (if I can get to it). Example... Let's say I want to go to the tech forum site. I type it into the url, and it just sits there on the home page. Now if I type the tech forum in Google, the links come up. But when I click on them either nothing happens, or it only opens the page partially. I've seen this on one other computer, and I don't know what's going on. When I use Firefox, there are no problems. Only when using IE7.

This isn't a malware issue... Due to other reasons, (I won't explain), I have installed my OS a few times, but each time it's done this. Everything I have saved is on my spare HDD, which I didn't have connected at the times of the install. I have scanned my PC since then and everything is clean. It's not malware.

There is something wrong with your IE7 install then. If you say it isn't malware or spy ware related then it can only be a bad install. Uninstall it and reinstall it and see if it continues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom