IE5.5/6 freezes every 10 Mins after Reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.

stealinghome

Solid State Member
I got to make this quick. Had an auto update IE6 write over IE5.5 and browser stops working and I have to reboot cp and if I don't get on line within 10 Mins browser won't bring up any page.

What OS? Why not IE7? Have you tried to uninstall IE6?

Sorry, so slow...had to reboot!? ME is the OS $$ are the reason. Just trying to salvage this. I will post some info from some logs to try to explain the situation. I gotta type fast and thats impossible...

with it being ME. Best bet is to just reinstall. that OS is buggier than any other made by Microsoft to date.

I used ME for about 4 years on my family PC when I knew jack all about PCs. I formatted and it was a lot speedier :) I do however recomend that you purchase a copy of XP OEM. XP is a lot more reliable than XP. What are you system specs?

Sorry so slow System is Dell AMD atholon 224mb ram

Tried to instal 3.3 firefox wouldnt run

Opera 5 wont work

Reinstall ME and got some options back in the IE security Custom Box and still 10 Mins max

Thanks all

Had to reboot...

How to buy XP OEM and How much$$?

This may be my only solution as I have been deep into registry till blue in face. I have change a lot as far as TimeExpirySecs in root and local machine and current user and config..

Another thing... I had an online scan of IE and it indicated to me that the kernal was writing to itself and suggested to update at Microsoft but I am having trouble upgrading browser and OS from ME to 2000 or XP and Microsoft has dicontinued support for ME. I need a new computer, I know but I had always tried to fix something before abandoning it.

Do you have your ME disk becuase you can reinstall to make it as fast as it was new or there abouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom