IE x64

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is kinda a double edge sword. As really there is only IE 64 Bit truly out there. Firefox isnt fully supporting 64 Bit so your using a browser that is not fully created by Mozilla. Chrome, Safari and Opera dont have 64 Bit versions yet.

I find myself using IE9 64 bit more than anything right now. Maybe it is a psychological thing, maybe i am just wierd. But i find it hard to run a 32 Bit browser when i can run a 64 Bit browser and get the same results. Just like i could run 32 Bit Win7 but i run 64 bit cause i can. I prefer to use as many 64 bit apps as i can just cause they are out there. Even though the 32 Bit offer nothing more or less than what i am running.

I jsut got done with a full reinstall. I only have IE9 installed to this point. I have not even installed any other browser. Again it is that nugget in the back of my head that is telling me to run with 64 Bit.

I love IE9 even in its beta stages. The refinement to the UI is much improved. There is no border basically. You get the forward/back buttons, the tabs, the address bar and the rest of the space is dedicated to nothing but the websites. Even the addition of the Favorites Bar doesnt take up much more space and allows even more viewable space for webistes than any other browser.

In addition to that you get the aspects of HTML5 and so much more that they are doing. If your daring, try it. I think you will like it. worst case situation, make sure to create a restore point and roll back.

I already am, and have switched my quick start bar shortcut to the x64 version.

I rarely use the back/forward arrows, use back space and the alt+ arrow keys mainly. One thing that was annoying is/was the short address bar, but i figued out you could expand it.

I use a 19" widescreen laptop, so space isn't at a premium, and my desktops dual screens, but it does look like alot more screen.

Do the settings, notifications and such show up on the far right side of your browser window too?

The Address Bar is flexible. Meaing you can expand it as much as you want or shrink it down as much as you want. I have mine personally shrunk down to give more room for tabs. But you can expand the address bar as much as you like.

As for notifications, they are all done at the bottom now. Much like Google Chrome. All things for downloads and blocked popups show up down there in a bar that comes up in the middle of the screen.

v4vvr4.jpg

That is the bar that you see. It is that simple. The only quirk i found is that all downloads go to your Download folder. Meaning the one located at:

C:\Users\<username>\Downloads

Now in Win7 this folder can be added to the Start Menu and added to the Superbar. But you have to right click on the Explorer icon to bring it up. If you change the destination of this folder, you actually cause issues with IE9 being able to download files.

Yes a big quirk, but one that can be gotten around with the ability to access the Download folder in just a couple of clicks to move the files. I have already reported this bug as well.

Sorry mak, I ment the ones bfor this forum... but I figured it out, as when i hit the compatibility mode button, It went to how i seen it in ie 8.

I see what you mean about the downloads... I usually use save as, so It does give me the option where to save. I usually d/l to a network storage drive.

It does look better than firefox, that the d/l window doesn't just pop up to say youre downloading....

I ALso like you can hover over a link and it shows at the btm left what the link is.

I tried IE9 beta out and I did like it. But I couldn't move the screen, if I needed to move it I had to re-size it to do so. When the next release comes out I'll try it again.

I dont quite understand that one. How are you trying to resize? Did you have it maximized?

I think he means around the screen. So for him, he had to stretch one side, then shrink the other.

I just did it, by click n drag at the top. If you look, the window has no top, it just blends in.

Know what it doesn't have... the drop down box next to the navigation buttons so as to go back 6 pages, instead of 1 at a time.

Edit

Ohhhhhhhhhh just found it by right clicking the button.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom