IE trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

kraze_101

Baseband Member
ok i have a toshiba laptop with a 1.5 Ghz intel celeron processor. Well i have this problem with the internet explorer and i feel that is why my laptop doesnt run as fast well its that sometimes when my latop is running slow well i look in the task manager to check which program is slowing it up and sometimes i see internet explorer running when i dont even have a browser open. Do i have a virus? And also it sometimes uses 30% this is only one instant of it using 30% of the cpu. i dont know what to do plz help.

Thanks

ok i scanned it and i had two viruses but the thing is i found one and deleted it but the next one neither the trend av couldnt delete it nor me because i found the exact location of it and it wasnt in use too. here it is:
Detected File Associated Virus Name Action Taken
C:\Documents and Settings\MEERA MOOKRAM\Application Data\Poke Default\bows shim.exe

virus name---TROJ_SWIZZOR.DQ Undeletable

Ok, here is a page about the trojan you have. Read through it and you might find some solutions. One of them might be editing the registry so if you decide to do that, read carefully and edit ONLY what it says and be careful. If you screw your registry up, you screwed your computer up. Good luck.

http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/virusencyclo/default5.asp?VName=TROJ_SWIZZOR.DQ

What you said about IE makes since because this trojan tries to download shit without you knowing therefore causing IE to not shut down properly.

Oh, and I won't be liable for your computer messing up if you screw your registry up. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom