IE Probem - Saving all images as BMP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
I have a problem with internet explorer as it's saving all images (JPG, GIF, otherwise) as BMP files.

When I click save image or save image as, it only giving me the option the save as BMP and nothing else.

It's driving me nucking futs.

hmmm... Use Firefox

or if you would rather use IE then look for an upgrade or try to reinstall it.., I think you can use the add remove programs then the "add/remove windows components" button on the left to remove it... then just reinstall it the same way...

SYMPTOMS
When you click the Save Picture As button for a graphics file in Microsoft Internet Explorer, you may be able to save the file only as a .bmp file even if the file is in another format (such as GIF or JPEG). The file name may also appear as "Untitled."

CAUSE
This issue may occur if either of the following conditions is true:• This issue may occur if your Temporary Internet pages cache is full.
• This issue can occur if you have "Do not save encrypted pages to disk" selected in Tools, Options, Advanced Tab and are loading the page over a secure connection (https).
For additional information about another cause for this issue, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
250747 Right-clicking, selecting "Save picture as" does not save image with correct extension

WORKAROUND
Depending on the specific cause for your issue, use one of the following methods to work around this issue.
Method 1
Delete the temporary Internet files. To do so, click Tools, click Internet Options, click the General tab, and then click the Delete Files button.

Note To locate the Temporary Internet Files folder, click Options on the Tools menu, click the General tab, and then click Settings. The current location appears in the Settings dialog box.
Back to the top

Method 2
To work around the problem, click Tools, click Internet Options, click the Advanced tab, click to clear the Do not save encrypted pages to disk check box, click View, and then click Refresh. The Do not save encrypted pages to disk check box is under the Security section.

FF is not the answer to any problem, its only a workaround. So when something happens in FF I guess people will say get Opera...

I wouldn't say that... I have never had any problems with FF, although I stand by what I said after that...

Usually the best way to fix a software related problem is to reinstall...

Not yet anyways... Ive seen a lot of people on here with problems with FF. Your time will come. Just like IE users. :)

lol, probably

nothing I can't fix though...=)

and IE is know for errors

also, I have never used opera before, I am dling it now and I will see how it goes

.......................................................................................
opera is fast... although it will take some getting used to..., for now I will stick with FF...

IE is good because it is compatable with most every web site or content out there but it is full of bugs

All other browsers take too long to load, especially forums. I like how IE just pops right up, you aint gotta wait for stuff to load, etc, etc..

firefox should be the only browser out there. i mean, if theres bugs in it all you have to do is report them and they'll be fixxed in a short amount of time. with ie, you have to wait til an update or patch comes out but since its microsoft releasing the updates and patches, theres going to be more bugs in it. in the long run ie and almost every browser with have more bugs than firefox. just my opinion though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom