IE opening slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Chaos

Banned
It just recently happened but when I open IE it takes around 10-20 seconds for it to open and if I click on a link that automatically opens another window it takes even longer, opening IE used to take usually a second or 2. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this problem?

Do you have any unusual processes running in the background? I presume you have updates for IE6, or maybe IE 7. Check for browser add-ons to see what all is running. Maybe you have something that is jacking your browser.

I only have 35 processes running and those are all the usual ones nothing new has made it's way onto the list. I have done virus sweeps, adware and spyware sweeps and found nothing.

Have you tried System Restore? Defragging?

Also, you might want to upgrade to IE7 (if you are stuck on IE).

I have defragged my HD and it's still doing it, as for system restore I have it disabled as it's never worked for me in the past. If I upgrade to IE 7 will I still have all my favorites? I might just re-install IE 6 if I find the installer on my pc, or would I have to download it?

You will keep all your favourites if you upgrade to IE7. I did. But if you are concerned just save them to your desktop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom