IE and firefox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it blocks installations. If you go to innapropriate sites, they will install weird add-ons that contain viruses without you knowing about it.

Also, its much faster. Pages load better, and therefore, works faster on older computers.

It's also skinnable, so you dont have to use the boring plain skin that comes with it.

Firefox is stable and secure, and is ultimately customizable with extensions.

Extensions are add-ins written by regular people that add functionality, pizzazz, and pure de ole fun to Firefox.

For security, download NoScript, Flashblock, Adblock Plus, Adblock Filterset.G Updater.

If you use Yahoo mail or Gmail, download Yahoo! Mail Notifier or Gmail Manager.

There's hundreds, if not more than a thousand, extensions, and all are free. Just click (in Firefox) Tools > Extensions > Get More Extensions, and start browsing.

I have firefox and i can saftly say its much better than I.E and streets ahead of it for customization.

If you get firefox makesure you install the "fasterfox" extension aswell, then it will just fine tune things and make it even faster at loading pages

Alot of people are favoring firefox huh? When i started using it, I automatically switched from IE. More great features that really helps alot like the convenient find bar at the bottom and tab feature. Better security, spyware and popup blocking. And my favorite, customizing themes and functions.

I have never had to regret switching from Internet Explorer to Firefox. Firefox just seems to be ahead of IE in every area. I mainly installed because of the fact that it's much safer and it's always seemed spot on in that regard. With great extensions like Ad Block, it only gets better and better.

Edit: I just installed Flashblock and NoScript as per Trotter's suggestion, they both seem to be great extensions so far.

I just installed Flashblock and NoScript as per Trotter's suggestion, they both seem to be great extensions so far.

I'm so used to not seeing all the ads and stuff that it stuns me when I'm on a different computer and go to one of my regular sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom