IE can explore the web but FF says no connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TuNiX

In Runtime
Internet explorer can navigate around the web but firefox cant connect.

Example:
I can open internet exploror and go to google.com
but if i try to do that with FF i get
Unable to connect

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at Google.

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
moments.

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

well, turn off your firewalls temporarily and see if that fixes it. If it does, then FF somehow isn't permitted to get to the web.

If it doesn't work, make sure the options in FF are configured correctly, or it could just be a bad install. If it is, download it again and install it again.

Does your ISP use a proxy? FF may not have the right proxy setting.

Firewalls are down on windows and norton, and im pretty sure i dont need a proxy to connect to the internet because limewire works, and i did a fresh install of FF , No changes.....

Can you get to any other sites? Or jsut google? Have you cleared out your cache and cookies? It could be that you can get to google in IE cause it is already stored on your PC not cause IE connects to it.

Try using CCleaner to clear that stuff out and see if IE still connects. If so then it is a problem rooted deeper.

interestingly enough i uninstalled norton 360 and things worked like a charm, furthermore my computer sped up considerably. but sadly it needs to go back on :/

nah, don't use norton.

I would replace it with AVG, which works much better than norton, even as the free version.

Norton is no good :(

It slows down the computer way too much. I would just put some good free software on there instead of norton.

nah, don't use norton.

I would replace it with AVG, which works much better than norton, even as the free version.

Norton is no good :(

It slows down the computer way too much. I would just put some good free software on there instead of norton.
I have to agree. Norton does slow down a PC greatly. You can use AVG or Avast. They both are free and are both very good replacements to Norton. Actually they are a bit better than Norton...

As for a firewall you can use Zone Alarm they have a free version or Comodo. Those are both great firewalls and work better than Norton.

As for anti-spyware you got Spybot, Ad-Aware, Windows Defender among others. Spybot and Ad-Aware are gonna be your best bet. Zone Alarm also has a Internet Suite just like Norton 360 which i think is better.

Sadly i know you paid about $70-$80 for Norton 360 and dont wish to get rid of it. But consider it when you year subscription is up. You will get more resources back and be more happy with your system overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom