IE alternatives (yes im being forced to)

raverx3m

Daemon Poster
I tried to hang on for longest but it seems like IE is not supported by almost anything anymore
and its getting more and more crippled by webpages that are not optimized for it anymore

so yes I'm forced to switch now to a different browser
( IE you will always be my first love)

when I did some searching it seems like chrome is the most popular browser but a lot of people agree that its not the best for privacy since its GOOGLE and google is not known for respecting people's privacy just like facedookie.

what are my options if I want better privacy than chrome? or is it in settings somewhere that I can make that browser better with privacy settings?

unless there are unofficial updates that can make IE last a little longer?
anything will help lol

You may hate it but I still say Firefox. Especially now with the new builds as it is faster than Chrome.

what about firefox?
lol
i guess if i have no choice i woudl use that

my main problem with it is delay when loading and clicking links
IE is noticeably faster during startup and loading pages
i notice it and it irritates me alot thats why i havent used it besides reenderign pages differently
when i used to make pages it was a pain in the *** to make them look excactly same
IE was my favorite because of reendering pages was pretty much standard
the fonts buttons lines colors etc. im used to that
even now default is everything different in firefox (im looking at it right now ahd fn hate it)

You can customize almost everything in FF which is why I have used it for so many years. A quick Google search will show you what/where to change the fonts and stuff like that, and you can either right click one of the toolbars or click the hamburger and choose "Customize" where you can add, subtract, and drag and drop elements of the browser itself. I just have the bookmark toolbar on mine, but I have it rather customized (not as much as it used to be because FF53 changed how extensions go and I lost several).

Attachments

• Firefox.jpg
    Firefox.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 3
If you want Chrome without the Google integration, install Chromium. Chrome is a customized version of it.

There's also Vivaldi, Opera, FireFox, etc.

Back
Top Bottom